Crazy or what? They Refused to Sell Alcohol To 92 year old Woman because she didn't have an ID to prove her Age



AN off-licence refused to sell alcohol to a woman of 92 – because she could not prove she was over 18.
Great-grandmother Diane Taylor wanted to buy a bottle of whisky for her son but was asked for photo ID.
She said: “It seemed so stupid I thought the cashier was complimenting me.


“But then I realised that she was being serious so I pulled out my bus pass, my blood donor’s card but it was no good.
“She said she wanted proof of age. I was so taken aback I didn’t know what to do.”
She added: “No one can convince me I look under 25 – I’d only take 78 at a push.”
A One Stop Shop spokesman apologised but said staff cannot sell alcohol without seeing proof of age.
Ms Taylor, of Harlow, Essex, eventually bought her booze from another shop.
She added: “I am 101% with them for checking young people but carrying it to that length is just ridiculous.”


as presnted on http://www.mirror.co.uk/
Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.