Cat Survives After Being Shot 19 Times


On the outside, Kayla Haskett's cat Rubix looks fine but X-rays later revealed what's going on inside this five-year-old tabby. The cat suffered wounds from a BB gun shooting. 19 shots in all, 18 of which the vet found still lodged inside.

"The vet told me I wasn't goign to be very happy. As soon as he put up the X-ray and didn't have much to say, we were both speechless. I just cried, cried a whole lot," said Kayla.

Nobelsville police say 19-year-old Caesar Mendez, the nephew of a former roomate, is responsible. An arrest warrant was issued for Mendez but he wasn't caught until a traffic stop Monday. He's now facing charges of animal cruelty.

Reporter: "Why would he do this, any thoughts about that?" 

Kayla: "I asked him the same thing, that's all I really wanted to know, the only thing he could tell me is that he got upset with my cat because he tried to grab him off a pillow and he scratched him."

Still, Mendez denied knowing anything about the BB's even though he regularly fired the gun in the basement where the cat was kept.  

Reporter: "What is the prognosis for Rubix?" 

Kayla: "He is in little to no discomfort. The vet said he probably would not have discomfort, I would like to have surgery to remove the BB's, but it's a little expensive so I'm trying to save up the money for that."

Through it all, while Rubix recovers, Kayla hopes the punishment Mendez gets won't be too severe. She's just glad her wonder cat survived.

"He's my miracle kitty, I always knew he was special," she said




foxnews.com
Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.