Photorealistic paintings by Alyssa Monks

We are going to see some photorealistic paintings made by Brooklyn-based artist Alyssa Monks. The paintings are so detailed that could be passed as photographs.In Many paintings of Alyssa Monks you will find water. "The whole water thing kind of found me, and I evolved into it. I have a memory of painting when I was 14 or 15 years old. I was looking through references for what I wanted to paint next. I found an image of water, but it was too hard to paint. So, it was a personal milestone to paint water. I came back to it [painting water] 5 or 6 years ago and I loved the way it played with the flesh — how it was destructive to the form and added this other level of challenge.", She says.


Check some of her amazing work:
Ar-themes Logo

Ar-themes

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.